Reading time 4 minutes.
The Impact Of Living With Constant Snoring.
Living with someone who is constantly snoring can be exhausting and incredibly frustrating, it can affect their partner in many ways due to lack of sleep including,
- Excessive fatigue
- Anger and rage
- Impaired decision-making and impaired judgement.
The symptoms of being a partner of someone who snores are often made more difficult by
- Denial from the snorer that they actually snore , even when presented with the evidence.
- Anger from the snorer when their partner tries to move them to stop them snoring.
- Unwillingness from the snorer to try anything to reduce their snoring.
- Breakdown in relationships.
I have lived with my spouse for 18 years, his snoring is unbearably loud, so loud, that wax earplugs, music , the TV or the radio do not drown him out.
If he’s upstairs we can’t hear the TV downstairs and on the rare occasions he has a drink it really is absolute torture.
My spouse is in complete denial that he snores and absolutely refuses to try anything at all which may alleviate the problem, so , I decided to take the matter into my own hands and do some research into some solutions.
I have in the past tried the wax ear plugs ,these I must say were brilliant for getting the noise down to a level where I was able to go to sleep, however when the kids came along I needed to be able to hear them getting up during the night .
We also had our house broken into a year ago and if I’d been wearing earplugs I would not have heard them entering our house via the front window.
So I started researching snore relief sprays to find out what the active ingredients were and in a lot of the remedies I had researched , essential oils seemed a recurring ingredient, the most common being;
So I thought I’d try them individually first , I started with my favourite , Lavender Oil
which I already had in the house, I tried it for a week and just sprinkled it on a cotton wool pad and put it on the radiator in our bedroom .
It did reduce the loudness of the snoring but not for long, after about an hour it was at full pelt again.
Next I tried Eucalyptus Oil
as I already had that in the house too, but my snoring partner kept waking up all night shouting “whats that horrible smell” so that didn’t solve any problems ! However, I did notice that it did alleviate the noise quite a bit.
So then I finally I tried Red Thyme Oil
and this time I put the thyme soaked cotton wool pad just behind the pillow.
The results were amazing!
- The snoring was reduced in volume by approx 60%
- The sound was more like a very heavy breathing and was less jolty, noisy and erratic so it was not waking me up every few minutes.
- Due to the volume reduction I was able to drift off to sleep much easier than before.
- He did not noticed the smell, which I actually found quite pleasant.
I may decide to make a room spray with a mixture of the
and I will be sure to update you on the results!
You’ll also like
Join our cozy Facebook group for more tips and motivation
or follow me on Instagram for daily motivation!
Why not pin it ?