We have all probably got one or have had one …
The junk drawer, aptly named because it’s the drawer where you stick all the stuff you can’t be bothered to put away .
We use the excuse that we need to keep “it” in this drawer because it’s “handy” . Not so handy having to dig through reams of other junk when we need “it” though is it ?
- Let’s examine the typical contents of the junk drawer.
- Tape measure .. Should be in the toolbox .
- Phone chargers …. Should be at the charging station .
- Sticky tape … Should be with the stationary.
- Pens … Should also be with the stationary .
- Nail clippers …. Should be with the nail stuff.
- Random keys … Should be on the key hook.
- Random cables … Should be in the cable box .
- Hair bobbles . … Should be in the bedroom
- Medicine …. Medicine cabinet
You catch my drift…..
How to get rid of the junk drawer in one easy step !
Everything residing in your junk drawer belongs somewhere else in the home .
Tip it all out and go and put it all away . No more trying to organise the junk drawer, just go and put it all away.
Now , use the newly empty drawer to get something off your counter tops or surfaces and out of sight and voila you’ve killed two birds with one stone !
If you enjoyed this post you may also like
- How I Started Living With Less.
- 6 Simple Tips You Need To Follow To Stop Yourself Buying More Stuff
- How To Organise Your Kitchen Like A Professional .
- What I Keep In My Cleaning Kit
- FREE BLOG CHECKLIST LIBRARY
To receive our FREE CHECKLISTS and MORE! Leave your info in the box below !