Do you long to live like a minimalist but have no idea where to start ?
Do you really need
- six pairs of nail clippers ?
- enough paper clips to supply three primary schools ?
- three spatulas ?
- six jugs ?
- three mascaras?
- ten pairs of jeans?
- three rolls of sticky tape ?
- three hammers?
- two mallets?
no ? Me neither !
So why do we find ourselves with so many multiples of one item ?
- just in case we’ve got thousands of presents to wrap ?
- or we need to cut all the toenails of all the people in the village at the same time ?
- or maybe our spatulas will spontaneously combust and we may need a spare ?
It’s utter lunacy, but if you’re anything like me you’re likely to have most things in duplicate ” just in case .”
THE MINIMALISTS in their book
Everything That Remains: A Memoir by The Minimalists talk about how most things can be replaced within a few hours for less than a few quid if it is needed to be replaced in an emergency .
- Start with a particular group of items . E.g. Candles
- Search through the entire house and gather every single one of those items have in your house, car garage or handbag .
- Group all together in one spot.
- Wonder why you ended up with so many of the same item .
- Discard/donate any that you do not use .
- Keep only the one/ones you use or love .
- Find a permanent home for the item so everyone knows you have it , where to find it and that it doesn’t need to be bought again until it either runs out or breaks .
- Do not keep stuff “just in case”, especially if you don’t use it !
- Get organised! To download our FREE printables and MORE! just leave your info in the box below and get started today !
Subscribe to our mailing list